Travie McCoy Still Hurt Over Katy Perry's Breakup Email
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP1 of 26
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 26
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN3 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 26
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage6 of 26
- Photo: WENN7 of 26
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 26
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 26
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP10 of 26
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP11 of 26
- Photo: AFLO/startraksphoto.com/StarTraks12 of 26
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA13 of 26
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN14 of 26
- Photo: Fame Pictures15 of 26
- Photo: BD3/WENN16 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 26
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks18 of 26
- Photo: GEVA HGVC/GSI19 of 26
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN20 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2010/WireImage21 of 26
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN22 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage23 of 26
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP24 of 26
- Photo: NGRE/GSI25 of 26
More Celeb News
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Alan Thicke Reality Sitcom to Get 14-Episode Run on TV Guide NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:56:00 AM
- 'Masters of Sex' Casts Keke Palmer for Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:52:00 AM
- Neil Young Shatters Pono Music Kickstarter Goal in One DayMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:41:00 AM
- Biblical Scholar on 'Noah' Script: 'Anti-Human, Pro-Environmental PolemicMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:39:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More Seasons
Gym Class Heroes star Travie McCoy has opened up about his 2009 split from Katy Perry, revealing that her romance-ending email sent him spiraling into a depression he's still coming to terms with.
RELATED: Katy Perry's Short Marriage
McCoy admits he was madly in love with the pop star and even gave her a promise ring after vowing to spend the rest of his life with the singer, but his drug issues and the couple's separate career successes brought the two-year love affair crashing to a halt.
Opening his heart in a new "Behind the Music" TV special, which aired on Sunday, McCoy recalled the start of the romance with great fondness, noting, "We looked really cute together. We get (sic) along better than any other girl I've ever hung out with in my life. That was the beginning of a really, really awesome time for me. ... When I was around her I felt really at ease and comfortable with myself. ... It was the most amazing thing ever."
But McCoy's surreptitious drug use caused friction with his Christian girlfriend.
He said, "She wasn't stupid. ... She knew when I was f---ed up. ... I chose drugs over our relationship. ... As things started taking off for her, the more I started to doubt my role in her life. There were times I felt like a stepping ladder."
And he's still hurt about the way she ended the romance: by email.
McCoy added, "It started off with 'I love you so much I hate to do this.' ... Someone that you are ready to spend the rest of your life with sends you a f---ing email just s---ting on your whole parade. It destroyed me."
Perry went on to romance and marry Russell Brand, but that relationship ended at the end of 2011. She has since been linked to Florence + the Machine rocker Robert Ackroyd and, most recently, John Mayer.
RELATED: Celebrity Breakup Makeovers
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite