Travis Barker: "My Brother Is Gone"
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 11
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/Getty/.3 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Retna Digital6 of 11
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Grayson Alexander/Retna Digital8 of 11
- Photo: WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
For the first time since DJ AM's death, Travis Barker, who survived a tragic plane crash with the celebrity DJ nearly a year ago, opens up about the loss of his friend.
"Don't know how I am gonna play 2night but I am for AM," the blink-182 drummer, 33, posted on Twitter Saturday night. "My brother is gone. i love u and miss u, I'll never forget all the good times we had."
He continued: "I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time I play the drums i'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being."
Both Barker -- who suffered second- and third-degree burns after a Learjet caught fire during an aborted takeoff in South Carolina, leaving four others dead, on Sept. 19 -- and DJ AM (whose real name is Adam Goldstein) had said they were just thankful to be alive after the crash.
"Rest In Peace my brother," he Tweeted. "This really f***s me up."
On Friday, Barker's estranged wife, Shanna Moakler, told Us exclusively that she couldn't imagine how Barker was handling the news.
"My deepest condolences are to DJ AM. He was a great artist and will be severely missed," she said. "My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. My support and love goes out to Travis, as I know how hard this is for him and how close they were."
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite