Travis Barker reflects on life after plane crash
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Breeden, Perkins, Shirley/Pacific Coast News12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/Getty/.13 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Blink-182 star Travis Barker is considering hypnotherapy in a desperate bid to overcome his fear of flying following a 2008 plane crash, which claimed the lives of two friends.
The drummer suffered severe burns as he stumbled out of a blazing jet which burst into flames after failing to take-off in South Carolina, and he spent months in recovery.
Three years later, he still refuses to fly anywhere and admits his phobia has become a big problem in his professional life.
He says, "Unfortunately I can't do as much touring as I would like because I don't fly. It's an obstacle. I'm working on it though.
"I'm trying to get hypnotized, trying to talk to a doctor who retrains your brain. Maybe he'll help me fly again one day."
But there have been a lot of positives for Barker since he escaped death - he has become more health conscious after promising himself he would take more care of his body as he recovered from his injuries in hospital.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I run every day now. I never ran before. In the hospital, I promised myself that if I ever walked again, that I would eat well and swim every day."
Barker has also cut meat and dairy products out of his diet and he steers clear of prescription drugs.
He adds, "I've been vegan since I got out of the hospital... and before the plane crash, I was battling a painkiller addiction. For years.
"I can proudly say I didn't even take any pain medication after I got out of the hospital. They told me I'd be on some of the medicine for the rest of my life, but I got off all of them. They made me a completely different person."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite