Travis Barker reflects on life after plane crash
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Breeden, Perkins, Shirley/Pacific Coast News12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/Getty/.13 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Blink-182 star Travis Barker is considering hypnotherapy in a desperate bid to overcome his fear of flying following a 2008 plane crash, which claimed the lives of two friends.
The drummer suffered severe burns as he stumbled out of a blazing jet which burst into flames after failing to take-off in South Carolina, and he spent months in recovery.
Three years later, he still refuses to fly anywhere and admits his phobia has become a big problem in his professional life.
He says, "Unfortunately I can't do as much touring as I would like because I don't fly. It's an obstacle. I'm working on it though.
"I'm trying to get hypnotized, trying to talk to a doctor who retrains your brain. Maybe he'll help me fly again one day."
But there have been a lot of positives for Barker since he escaped death - he has become more health conscious after promising himself he would take more care of his body as he recovered from his injuries in hospital.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I run every day now. I never ran before. In the hospital, I promised myself that if I ever walked again, that I would eat well and swim every day."
Barker has also cut meat and dairy products out of his diet and he steers clear of prescription drugs.
He adds, "I've been vegan since I got out of the hospital... and before the plane crash, I was battling a painkiller addiction. For years.
"I can proudly say I didn't even take any pain medication after I got out of the hospital. They told me I'd be on some of the medicine for the rest of my life, but I got off all of them. They made me a completely different person."
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite