Trent Reznor raises $860k for man in need of a heart transplant
- Photo: AP1 of 3
- Photo: AP2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Some people use Twitter to tell their friends what kind of sandwich they're having for lunch (pastrami on rye! The best!) or share links to the most HILARIOUS LOLcats picture they've ever seen, but some Twitterers actually have a purpose for it -- saving lives.
Nine Inch Nails front man Trent Reznor has raised over $860,000 for Eric de la Cruz, brother of former CNN anchor Veronica de la Cruz, who is in dire need of a heart transplant.
In just the first day, Reznor raised over $260k, selling VIP packages to his tour. Once those sold out, for a $1000 donation he offered signed Tony Hawk skateboards along with a copy of NIN's rare CD, "Still," signed by Reznor.
Hawk posted a TwitPic of him signing the skateboards. With his 700,000-plus and Reznor's 500,000-plus followers, fans quickly jumped on the offer.
Who knew the man behind "Pretty Hate Machine" could spread so much love?
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite