Usher Opens Up to Oprah Winfrey About Stepson Kile's Death
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks1 of 17
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: KM/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: Flynet UK/Fame Flynet5 of 17
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Copetti/Photofab/StarTraks7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks10 of 17
- Photo: BAR/StarTraks11 of 17
- Photo: Most Wanted/Fame Flynet12 of 17
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: KB4/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Last summer was a very difficult one for Usher and his ex-wife, Tameka Foster. The warring pair briefly called a truce in their bitter custody battle when Kile, Tameka's 11-year-old son from a previous relationship, was gravely injured in a tragic personal watercraft accident, eventually passing away in August 2012.
"I miss Kile," Usher, 33, told Oprah Winfrey of his beloved former stepson in Sunday's episode of Oprah's Next Chapter. "We cooked together, we laughed, we sang. He loved to sing and dance. He loved to tell jokes."
The singer, who visited Kile at the hospital in his final days and attended his funeral, said he bristles at rumors to the contrary.
"It hurts me to hear people speculating that I wasn't at the funeral," he said. "I absolutely was at the funeral. I was at the burial as well," he said.
The Grammy winner and Foster were back in court shortly after Kile's death, with a judge awarding him custody of their two sons, Usher V, 4, and Naviyd, 3.
In his chat with Winfrey, Usher slammed Tameka's in-court allegations that he cheated or was an absentee dad.
"Absentee from the aspect of having to go and work, that probably would be her version or idea what absentee would be," he argued. "But no, I'm not an absentee father at all."
"I was born to do what I'm doing as a dad," Usher said. "I realized that once I had a child. When I had them, that's when they became a priority. It wasn't because of this case."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Usher Opens Up to Oprah Winfrey About Stepson Kile's Death
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite