Usher's Stepson Kile Glover, 11, Passes Away
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks1 of 8
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Peter/StarTraks3 of 8
- Photo: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 8
- Photo: Rocky Widner/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin6 of 8
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Usher's 11-year-old stepson, Kile Glover, died Saturday morning after he was taken off life support, TMZ reports. Doctors determined he would not recover from the injuries he suffered after a July 8 jet ski accident .
According to TMZ, Glover's mother, Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster, struggled greatly with the decision to take her son off life support. On Friday, Foster tweeted a photo of son and made his smiling face her profile image.
Glover was reportedly declared brain dead after he was struck in the head by a jet ski while riding an inner tube on Lake Lanier, in Atlanta, GA. According to ABC News, 38-year-old Jeffrey S. Hubbard, a friend of the family, was operating the jet ski at the time of the collision and is currently under investigation.
Foster's son was riding with an unidentified 15-year-old girl at the time of the accident. Both were airlifted to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, and Glover reportedly registered no brain activity. The second victim is said to have suffered a broken arm and cut on her head.
At the time of the accident, Usher (real name: Usher Terry Raymond IV), 33, and Foster, who divorced in 2009 after two years of marriage, were engaged in a heated custody battle over their sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3. However, the former couple put their differences aside to support each other during the very difficult time.
"Tameka and Usher don't get along, but in this circumstance Usher is coming to her side," a source told Us. "Usher practically raised Kile as his own. He's known him for seven years. It is so sad what happened."
Another source recently told Us, "He grew close to Kile and, of course, that has nothing to do with the situation with Tameka. He loved Kile. This is a terrible, awful tragedy. Usher is torn up."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Usher's Stepson Kile Glover, 11, Passes Away
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Bells
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite