Vanessa Carlton marries John McCauley, Stevie Nicks officiates wedding
- Photo: Twitter1 of 10
- Photo: Twitter2 of 10
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com4 of 10
- Photo: JM11/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: MSN7 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Katherine Heigl Exits CAA, Signs With WME (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:50:00 PM
- NBC Announces Season Finale Dates for The Blacklist, Chicago Fire and SVUMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:19:00 PM
- New 'Mad Men' Final Season Images, Explained by Matthew WeinerMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Katherine Heigl Exits CAA, Signs With WME (Exclusive)
Vanessa Carlton takes the cake when it comes to wedding surprises -- by a landslide! The "A Thousand Miles" singer tied the knot with Deer Tick's lead singer and guitarist John McCauley on Friday, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. Plus, the new bride shared that Miss Stevie Nicks officiated the ceremony!
"Married this gentleman two hours ago xo," the 33-year-old musician wrote via Twitter late Friday night. Alongside the caption, the newlywed shared a photo of herself and her new husband beaming at each other while holding hands. Carlton looked stunning for her special day, wearing a tight-fitting, long-sleeved white wedding gown, and donning a purple head piece and matching flowers.
Shortly after, the blushing bride also posted a picture of the couple saying "I do" in front of the Fleetwood Mac songstress. "Thanks Stevie for marrying us!" Carlton gushed. In the photo, Nicks, 65, is seen smiling at Carlton as she officiates the ceremony. She also wears a matching head piece, while McCauley dresses casual in green pants and a brown button-up.
Carlton recently revealed a heartbreaking health scare she experienced back in early November. While pregnant, the singer was diagnosed with a fallopian pregnancy, which is when the embryo settles in the tube and doesn't allow the fetus to develop. But after chemotherapy, she experienced internal bleeding and her tube had to be removed. She shared that her new groom helped her through it all. "I realize I am a lucky woman on many levels here," she wrote on her website.
This is the first marriage for the "Ordinary Day" star. She previously dated Third Eye Blind's Stephan Jenkins from 2002 to 2007.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite