Vanessa Carlton marries John McCauley, Stevie Nicks officiates wedding
- Photo: Twitter1 of 10
- Photo: Twitter2 of 10
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com4 of 10
- Photo: JM11/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: MSN7 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Vanessa Carlton takes the cake when it comes to wedding surprises -- by a landslide! The "A Thousand Miles" singer tied the knot with Deer Tick's lead singer and guitarist John McCauley on Friday, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. Plus, the new bride shared that Miss Stevie Nicks officiated the ceremony!
"Married this gentleman two hours ago xo," the 33-year-old musician wrote via Twitter late Friday night. Alongside the caption, the newlywed shared a photo of herself and her new husband beaming at each other while holding hands. Carlton looked stunning for her special day, wearing a tight-fitting, long-sleeved white wedding gown, and donning a purple head piece and matching flowers.
Shortly after, the blushing bride also posted a picture of the couple saying "I do" in front of the Fleetwood Mac songstress. "Thanks Stevie for marrying us!" Carlton gushed. In the photo, Nicks, 65, is seen smiling at Carlton as she officiates the ceremony. She also wears a matching head piece, while McCauley dresses casual in green pants and a brown button-up.
Carlton recently revealed a heartbreaking health scare she experienced back in early November. While pregnant, the singer was diagnosed with a fallopian pregnancy, which is when the embryo settles in the tube and doesn't allow the fetus to develop. But after chemotherapy, she experienced internal bleeding and her tube had to be removed. She shared that her new groom helped her through it all. "I realize I am a lucky woman on many levels here," she wrote on her website.
This is the first marriage for the "Ordinary Day" star. She previously dated Third Eye Blind's Stephan Jenkins from 2002 to 2007.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite