Producer says vegetarian Morrissey wouldn't let him eat meat in studio
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Mark Allan/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Music producer Tony Visconti says he left the studio and eat lunch in solitude while working on Morrissey's 2006 album because of the vegetarian's strict eating policies.
Visconti frequently clashed with the British star over his desire to eat meat while recording "Ringleader of the Tormentors," and the 68-year-old admits he ended up dining alone at his hotel every day to avoid getting into arguments about his diet.
He tells The New York Times Magazine, "I'm diabetic. Every day at lunchtime, a vegetarian meal would be waiting, sometimes as bland as linguine and tomato sauce. I told him, 'I'll probably go into a coma if I eat that.' It was delicate. I might have been fired. He said, 'You'll have to sort that out by yourself.' So I ate meat well away from the studio, like miles away, at my hotel. He's got an incredible sense of smell. He smells meat."
This isn't the only time Morrissey has refused to perform in a place where meat is close by. In March, he refused to turn the Staples Center in Los Angeles into a vegetarian venue ahead of his concert. He did not succeed.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite