Producer says vegetarian Morrissey wouldn't let him eat meat in studio
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Mark Allan/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Music producer Tony Visconti says he left the studio and eat lunch in solitude while working on Morrissey's 2006 album because of the vegetarian's strict eating policies.
Visconti frequently clashed with the British star over his desire to eat meat while recording "Ringleader of the Tormentors," and the 68-year-old admits he ended up dining alone at his hotel every day to avoid getting into arguments about his diet.
He tells The New York Times Magazine, "I'm diabetic. Every day at lunchtime, a vegetarian meal would be waiting, sometimes as bland as linguine and tomato sauce. I told him, 'I'll probably go into a coma if I eat that.' It was delicate. I might have been fired. He said, 'You'll have to sort that out by yourself.' So I ate meat well away from the studio, like miles away, at my hotel. He's got an incredible sense of smell. He smells meat."
This isn't the only time Morrissey has refused to perform in a place where meat is close by. In March, he refused to turn the Staples Center in Los Angeles into a vegetarian venue ahead of his concert. He did not succeed.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite