Producer says vegetarian Morrissey wouldn't let him eat meat in studio
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Mark Allan/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'The Good Wife' Review: Legal Drama Ditches the Grief for Dynamic StorytellingMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Jessica Chastain's 'Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Stumbles in SpecialtyMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New York
Music producer Tony Visconti says he left the studio and eat lunch in solitude while working on Morrissey's 2006 album because of the vegetarian's strict eating policies.
Visconti frequently clashed with the British star over his desire to eat meat while recording "Ringleader of the Tormentors," and the 68-year-old admits he ended up dining alone at his hotel every day to avoid getting into arguments about his diet.
He tells The New York Times Magazine, "I'm diabetic. Every day at lunchtime, a vegetarian meal would be waiting, sometimes as bland as linguine and tomato sauce. I told him, 'I'll probably go into a coma if I eat that.' It was delicate. I might have been fired. He said, 'You'll have to sort that out by yourself.' So I ate meat well away from the studio, like miles away, at my hotel. He's got an incredible sense of smell. He smells meat."
This isn't the only time Morrissey has refused to perform in a place where meat is close by. In March, he refused to turn the Staples Center in Los Angeles into a vegetarian venue ahead of his concert. He did not succeed.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite