Victoria Beckham: I'm a 'control freak'
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: SI1/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: FlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks8 of 9
More Celeb News
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Jim Carrey to Host 'Saturday Night Live' Early This Season (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:34:00 PM
- Rory Kennedy: 'We Haven't Learned the Lessons From Vietnam'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:31:00 PM
- Hey New York Times, Shonda Rhimes Isn't an "Angry Black Woman"MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 1:18:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To De
Call Victoria Beckham a workaholic control freak or a micromanager and she won't be offended! The 38-year-old wife of David Beckham, mother of their four kids and former Spice Girls member opens up in the March issue of Elle UK about why it was important for her to have her own career in fashion no matter how much hard work it took.
"When I was on stage with the Spice Girls, I thought people were there to see the other four and not me. And when I go out with David and people take pictures, I think, 'They're here to take David's picture,'" she explained of her soccer star husband.
But Beckham has now found a place where she feels like she belongs: the fashion industry. "It was never my intention to prove anybody wrong. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it," she explained. "I don't have to work; I need to work. All these people [her fellow fashion designers], they're not just been given anything. They've worked hard. And I've never been given anything either. But I have a good work ethic; David has an incredible work ethic. I want my kids to have a good work ethic. I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it."
But not without a little help from others, which is something Beckham is still working on.
"You've got to trust people. And because I am a control freak, sometimes that's difficult for me, because I want to micromanage absolutely everything, she admitted. "I can't hand over. But I'm trying to do that more. It's hard because I have such a specific vision."
Regardless, Beckham will have to accept a few unknowns now that David, 37, has finished playing for the L.A. Galaxy. "We are starting a new chapter in our lives. As a family we are all very excited about what lies ahead for 2013," she said of her man's big career change.
In addition to focusing on her fashion career in 2013, Beckham may also be spending some time in the kitchen perfecting her cooking skills. She confessed, "You know what they say to me, because I'm not the best cook, although I try really hard? They always say to me, 'Mummy, we know that the main ingredient in what you make is love.'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite