What's Buzzing at the 2012 GrammysRelated: 2012 Grammy Awards, Alicia Keys, Chris Brown, Gwyneth Paltrow, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian, Rihanna
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 18
Chris Brown's return to the Grammys
Even before the show began (and even in light of news of Whitney Houston), music fans have been hotly debating Chris Brown's return to the Grammys stage for the first time since the incident in 2009 in which he bruised his then-girlfriend Rihanna so badly the night before the Grammy's that she was unable to perform at that year's big event. Hello Giggles, the culture blog launched last year by Zooey Deschanel, created waves with its Saturday post, "I'm Not Okay With Chris Brown Performing at the Grammys, and I'm Not Sure Why You Are," and the piece's sentiments were echoed by a Gawker piece titled "No, We Don't Have to Forgive Chris Brown." Brown supporters on Twitter, however, have united under the hashtag #teambreezy.
But when Brown took to the stage to perform, the crowd at the Staples center welcomed him with wild cheering, and supported him with applause and energy throughout his performance of "Turn Up The Music." His energetic dance routine received a standing ovation from the crowd, but those watching at home noted on Twitter that they were a bit distracted by his pants that were so tight as to be almost x-rated.
Weirdly least notable about Brown's Grammys appearance was the fact that his latest won Best R&B Album.
More 2012 Grammy AwardsSee All 2012 Grammy Awards
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite