Whitney Houston, Superstar of Records, Films, Dies
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Nick Wass/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 20
- Photo: 2001/JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: GERALLT / MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin7 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Wonderwall8 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Mairo Suriana/Invision/AP10 of 20
- Photo: Peter Mazel / Sunshine/Retna Ltd.11 of 20
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: VPC/WENN14 of 20
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage15 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com17 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: FS2/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.
RELATED: Year in Review: In Memoriam 2011
Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.
RELATED: Houston Battles Lung Disease
At her peak in the 1980s and `90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.
RELATED: Amy Winehouse Autopsy Inconclusive
Among her hits were "How Will I Know," "Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.
Her success carried her beyond music to movies like "The Bodyguard."
But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "That '70s Show" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite