Whitney Houston's Boyfriend Ray J Seeking Counseling At Urging Of Sister Brandy
- Photo: JD3/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: J.Eddy/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com4 of 12
- Photo: Rodrigo Marques/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com9 of 12
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale Sho
Whitney Houston's boyfriend, record producer Ray J, has agreed to seek counseling at the urging of his sister, singer/actress Brandy to help come to terms with the tragic death of the pop icon last month, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.
As we previously reported, Houston died February 11 at the Beverly Hilton at age 48. The singer was found unresponsive by members of her entourage in the bathroom of her hotel room, and she was declared dead by responding paramedics at 3:55 pm PST on the eve of the Grammys.
“Ray J is obviously absolutely devastated by the loss of Whitney, who he says was the love of his life,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com. “Even though a month has passed since she died, Ray still can't believe that Whitney is gone. He has saved voice mail messages on his cell phone from her that he has been listening to. His sister Brandy has urged him to go to counseling to deal with this loss, and he has finally agreed.
“Ray is just numb and he needs to be able to start to deal with these feelings. Brandy and her brother are extremely close, and she has been a rock for him in the weeks since Whitney died. However, Brandy is also dealing with a huge loss, as she worked with Whitney professionally, and loved her like an older sister. Brandy recognizes that she can only help her brother so much. Ray has promised Brandy he will see someone, however, knowing how take charge Brandy is, she will probably find a mental health professional and make the arrangements for him."
No one will ever forget the heartbreaking moment at Houston's funeral as her casket was being carried out of the church, as her song I Will Always Love You was playing, when Ray J lovingly reached out to touch Whitney's coffin. Ray J subsequently broke down in tears in the pew and was comforted by Brandy.
"Ray has told his family he doesn't know if he will ever be able to listen to Whitney's version of I Will Always Love You ever again,” the source says. “He is surrounded by his family and just trying to get through the pain. What people don't realize is how much Ray loves Whitney, he never refers to her in the past tense. He just doesn't know what to do with the huge void in his life.”
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite