Whitney Houston's estate suing to retrieve late singer's personal belongings
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Photoshot/Wonderwall2 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Executors for Whitney Houston's estate are suing bosses at CPMG Mendham, LLC in a bid to recover the singer's personal belongings from her New Jersey home, which was sold earlier this year.
RELATED: The Brat Pack: Where are they now?
Marion Houston, the tragic singer's manager and sister-in-law, hired executives at the firm to sell the Mendham home in 2013, and it was approved by bankers at Wells Fargo in February when an arrangement was made to allow the family access to retrieve the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker's items, which included a baby grand piano, a jukebox, valuable artwork and home furnishings.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
However, when relatives arrived to the house they were unable to enter the premises because the gates were chained and bolted and the locks on the doors had been changed.
Marion Houston alleges family members made two requests to retrieve the items in March, but were denied access, and she is now seeking damages and an injunction to prevent the defendants from exercising control over the items.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The lawsuit reads, "Ms. Houston's family members have a strong emotional attachment to many of the items and some of these items have considerable financial value and would hold particular financial value to Ms. Houston's fans and other collectors, because they belonged to Ms. Houston."
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite