Whitney Houston's loved ones attend private wake
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Whitney Houston's mother, daughter, cousin Dionne Warwick and mentor Clive Davis paid their respects to the singer at a private wake on Friday evening.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Just a day before the superstar's funeral in New Jersey on Saturday, Houston's loved ones visited the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, New Jersey, where her body was transported to following her death in Los Angeles last week.
Hundreds of fans lined the street outside the funeral parlor, where floral tributes were laid in the star's honor.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, her daughter with ex-husband Bobbi Brown, was accompanied to the wake by her grandmother Cissy Houston and the group arrived in a string of limousines and SUVs.
Once inside, grief-stricken guests were faced with a large photograph of Houston in the lobby, flanked by a black microphone stand and a chair with a fur throw and a Bible set on top it, according to New Jersey's Star-Ledger.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Davis stayed inside for about an hour and as he left, a silver car carrying Houston's cousin Warwick pulled up. She is scheduled to speak during the funeral at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church on Saturday.
Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Kevin Costner, CeCe Winans and Stevie Wonder are among the other celebrities expected to speak or sing during the ceremony.
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite