Whitney Houston's loved ones attend private wake
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Oscar Hopefuls Facing Make-or-Break Time at the Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:03:39 AM
- Lars von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac' Getting Released in Two PartsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 8:45:01 AM
- Ratings: NBC Has Top-Rated 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center' in 7 YearsMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 8:34:07 AM
- Stephen Colbert: Do-Nothing Congress Does Something for Chimps (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 8:25:07 AM
- Aereo Expanding to Baltimore Dec. 16MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:48:11 AM
- Oscar Hopefuls Facing Make-or-Break Time at the Box Office
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Whitney Houston's mother, daughter, cousin Dionne Warwick and mentor Clive Davis paid their respects to the singer at a private wake on Friday evening.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Just a day before the superstar's funeral in New Jersey on Saturday, Houston's loved ones visited the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, New Jersey, where her body was transported to following her death in Los Angeles last week.
Hundreds of fans lined the street outside the funeral parlor, where floral tributes were laid in the star's honor.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, her daughter with ex-husband Bobbi Brown, was accompanied to the wake by her grandmother Cissy Houston and the group arrived in a string of limousines and SUVs.
Once inside, grief-stricken guests were faced with a large photograph of Houston in the lobby, flanked by a black microphone stand and a chair with a fur throw and a Bible set on top it, according to New Jersey's Star-Ledger.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Davis stayed inside for about an hour and as he left, a silver car carrying Houston's cousin Warwick pulled up. She is scheduled to speak during the funeral at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church on Saturday.
Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Kevin Costner, CeCe Winans and Stevie Wonder are among the other celebrities expected to speak or sing during the ceremony.
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite