Whitney Houston's loved ones attend private wake
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Whitney Houston's mother, daughter, cousin Dionne Warwick and mentor Clive Davis paid their respects to the singer at a private wake on Friday evening.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Just a day before the superstar's funeral in New Jersey on Saturday, Houston's loved ones visited the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, New Jersey, where her body was transported to following her death in Los Angeles last week.
Hundreds of fans lined the street outside the funeral parlor, where floral tributes were laid in the star's honor.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, her daughter with ex-husband Bobbi Brown, was accompanied to the wake by her grandmother Cissy Houston and the group arrived in a string of limousines and SUVs.
Once inside, grief-stricken guests were faced with a large photograph of Houston in the lobby, flanked by a black microphone stand and a chair with a fur throw and a Bible set on top it, according to New Jersey's Star-Ledger.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Davis stayed inside for about an hour and as he left, a silver car carrying Houston's cousin Warwick pulled up. She is scheduled to speak during the funeral at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church on Saturday.
Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Kevin Costner, CeCe Winans and Stevie Wonder are among the other celebrities expected to speak or sing during the ceremony.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite