Whitney Houston's loved ones attend private wake
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviews
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Whitney Houston's mother, daughter, cousin Dionne Warwick and mentor Clive Davis paid their respects to the singer at a private wake on Friday evening.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Just a day before the superstar's funeral in New Jersey on Saturday, Houston's loved ones visited the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, New Jersey, where her body was transported to following her death in Los Angeles last week.
Hundreds of fans lined the street outside the funeral parlor, where floral tributes were laid in the star's honor.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, her daughter with ex-husband Bobbi Brown, was accompanied to the wake by her grandmother Cissy Houston and the group arrived in a string of limousines and SUVs.
Once inside, grief-stricken guests were faced with a large photograph of Houston in the lobby, flanked by a black microphone stand and a chair with a fur throw and a Bible set on top it, according to New Jersey's Star-Ledger.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Davis stayed inside for about an hour and as he left, a silver car carrying Houston's cousin Warwick pulled up. She is scheduled to speak during the funeral at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church on Saturday.
Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Kevin Costner, CeCe Winans and Stevie Wonder are among the other celebrities expected to speak or sing during the ceremony.
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite