Whitney Houston's loved ones attend private wake
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Rio 2' Soars to No. 1 at Foreign Box Office With $48 millionMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Discovery cancels 'Everest Jump Live' after deadly avalancheMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Even 'Captain America' Can't Stop 'Frozen' at Japan&MSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Debut Album Is Finally Coming Out In JuneMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:57:00 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Spins $47 Million in Overseas Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:55:00 AM
- 'Rio 2' Soars to No. 1 at Foreign Box Office With $48 million
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Whitney Houston's mother, daughter, cousin Dionne Warwick and mentor Clive Davis paid their respects to the singer at a private wake on Friday evening.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Just a day before the superstar's funeral in New Jersey on Saturday, Houston's loved ones visited the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, New Jersey, where her body was transported to following her death in Los Angeles last week.
Hundreds of fans lined the street outside the funeral parlor, where floral tributes were laid in the star's honor.
Bobbi Kristina Brown, her daughter with ex-husband Bobbi Brown, was accompanied to the wake by her grandmother Cissy Houston and the group arrived in a string of limousines and SUVs.
Once inside, grief-stricken guests were faced with a large photograph of Houston in the lobby, flanked by a black microphone stand and a chair with a fur throw and a Bible set on top it, according to New Jersey's Star-Ledger.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Davis stayed inside for about an hour and as he left, a silver car carrying Houston's cousin Warwick pulled up. She is scheduled to speak during the funeral at Newark's New Hope Baptist Church on Saturday.
Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin, Kevin Costner, CeCe Winans and Stevie Wonder are among the other celebrities expected to speak or sing during the ceremony.
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite