Whitney's Death Makes Celine 'Scared' of Music Biz
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: WENN3 of 19
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: JE1/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: AG3/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Starface/Retna Ltd.9 of 19
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP11 of 19
- Photo: NC1/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Entertainment Tonight -- Celine Dion is speaking out about the tragic death of her longtime singing inspiration Whitney Houston, saying the circumstances around her death make her afraid to be part of the music business.
Celine, who has said that when she got her start in music she wanted to be just like Whitney, who has always been "an amazing inspiration," told "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts via telephone on Monday that while the pop superstar's music will live forever, it's a shame that yet another great musical talent has been taken from us far too early.
Speaking about Whitney's troubled life, which ended on Saturday when her body was discovered in her Beverly Hills hotel room, Celine said: "It's just very unfortunate that drugs and -- I don't know -- bad people, or bad influences took over. It took over her dreams, it took over love and motherhood." An autopsy was completed on the 48-year-old singer over the weekend, but no cause of death has been made public and results of toxicology tests could take several weeks to complete.
"Taking pills to go perform and taking pills to wake up and taking pills to go to bed. It's so unfortunate," she said. Celine explained why this aspect of the business makes her afraid. "There's something that happens that I don't understand, and that's why I'm so scared. I'm scared of show business. I'm scared of drugs. I'm scared of hanging out. That's why I don't do parties and I don't hang out. That's why I'm not part of show business. Because we have to be afraid."
"When you think about Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, to get into drugs like that, for whatever reason," Celine said. "Is it because of the stress and bad influence? What happens when you have everything? What happens when you have love, support, the family, motherhood? You have responsibilities of a mother and then something happens and it destroys everything."
"I've always said you have to have fun and do music and you can never be part of show business because you don't know what it's going to get yourself into," Celine added. "You have to do your work and get out of there."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ETONLINE:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite