Whitney's Death Makes Celine 'Scared' of Music Biz
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: WENN3 of 19
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: JE1/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: AG3/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Starface/Retna Ltd.9 of 19
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP11 of 19
- Photo: NC1/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Aereo Expanding to Baltimore Dec. 16MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:48:11 AM
- Conan Auditions for IHOP Commercials With Disastrous Results (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:28:45 AM
- Jon Stewart on Johnson & Johnson Scandal: You Can't Even Do That in 'GrandMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:27:20 AM
- 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:13:06 AM
- 'GMA': Amy Robach Plans to Work Through Chemo (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:09:52 AM
- Aereo Expanding to Baltimore Dec. 16
Entertainment Tonight -- Celine Dion is speaking out about the tragic death of her longtime singing inspiration Whitney Houston, saying the circumstances around her death make her afraid to be part of the music business.
Celine, who has said that when she got her start in music she wanted to be just like Whitney, who has always been "an amazing inspiration," told "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts via telephone on Monday that while the pop superstar's music will live forever, it's a shame that yet another great musical talent has been taken from us far too early.
Speaking about Whitney's troubled life, which ended on Saturday when her body was discovered in her Beverly Hills hotel room, Celine said: "It's just very unfortunate that drugs and -- I don't know -- bad people, or bad influences took over. It took over her dreams, it took over love and motherhood." An autopsy was completed on the 48-year-old singer over the weekend, but no cause of death has been made public and results of toxicology tests could take several weeks to complete.
"Taking pills to go perform and taking pills to wake up and taking pills to go to bed. It's so unfortunate," she said. Celine explained why this aspect of the business makes her afraid. "There's something that happens that I don't understand, and that's why I'm so scared. I'm scared of show business. I'm scared of drugs. I'm scared of hanging out. That's why I don't do parties and I don't hang out. That's why I'm not part of show business. Because we have to be afraid."
"When you think about Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, to get into drugs like that, for whatever reason," Celine said. "Is it because of the stress and bad influence? What happens when you have everything? What happens when you have love, support, the family, motherhood? You have responsibilities of a mother and then something happens and it destroys everything."
"I've always said you have to have fun and do music and you can never be part of show business because you don't know what it's going to get yourself into," Celine added. "You have to do your work and get out of there."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ETONLINE:
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Bump
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite