Whitney's Death Makes Celine 'Scared' of Music Biz
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: WENN3 of 19
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: JE1/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: AG3/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Starface/Retna Ltd.9 of 19
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP11 of 19
- Photo: NC1/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Michael Wright/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: GC2/ZJE/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Entertainment Tonight -- Celine Dion is speaking out about the tragic death of her longtime singing inspiration Whitney Houston, saying the circumstances around her death make her afraid to be part of the music business.
Celine, who has said that when she got her start in music she wanted to be just like Whitney, who has always been "an amazing inspiration," told "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts via telephone on Monday that while the pop superstar's music will live forever, it's a shame that yet another great musical talent has been taken from us far too early.
Speaking about Whitney's troubled life, which ended on Saturday when her body was discovered in her Beverly Hills hotel room, Celine said: "It's just very unfortunate that drugs and -- I don't know -- bad people, or bad influences took over. It took over her dreams, it took over love and motherhood." An autopsy was completed on the 48-year-old singer over the weekend, but no cause of death has been made public and results of toxicology tests could take several weeks to complete.
"Taking pills to go perform and taking pills to wake up and taking pills to go to bed. It's so unfortunate," she said. Celine explained why this aspect of the business makes her afraid. "There's something that happens that I don't understand, and that's why I'm so scared. I'm scared of show business. I'm scared of drugs. I'm scared of hanging out. That's why I don't do parties and I don't hang out. That's why I'm not part of show business. Because we have to be afraid."
"When you think about Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, to get into drugs like that, for whatever reason," Celine said. "Is it because of the stress and bad influence? What happens when you have everything? What happens when you have love, support, the family, motherhood? You have responsibilities of a mother and then something happens and it destroys everything."
"I've always said you have to have fun and do music and you can never be part of show business because you don't know what it's going to get yourself into," Celine added. "You have to do your work and get out of there."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ETONLINE:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite