will.i.am says he has ADHD
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Craig Ferguson plays it loose with new game showMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:49:17 AM
- 'Maze Runner' Buries 'Tombstones' and Laughs Off 'This MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- Box office: 'Maze Runner' buries Liam Neeson's 'Tombstones&aMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- E! Remembers Joan Rivers and Her Favorite 'Fashion Police' Targets: Kardashians, RMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 8:15:00 PM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's Reputation
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The hip-hop star has opened up about his condition for the first time, revealing he faces a constant battle with concentration issues and struggles to compete simple everyday tasks. However, the rapper finds working in music helps him deal with the disorder.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
He tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "I have ADHD. I'll admit it ... I've got all this stuff in my head at the same time as I'm doing stuff and I don't know how to stop or slow down. But it's all good because I know how to control it. For every obstacle there's some type of solution. So if you have ADHD it's your passion point. One thing I learned about ADHD is that it's hard to keep your attention and you can't sit still and you're always moving and thinking about a whole bunch of things."
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Adds the music star: "But those traits work well for me in studios and in meetings about creative ideas ... If I was stuck at a different job I'd be horrible and wouldn't survive. Music is my therapy ... Music keeps me sane and keeps my mind on something. It's fragile up there. My mind would wander, and if it wanders then that's not good because I could scare myself thinking of weirdo stuff. Music brings control to my thoughts. It's not escape -- it's just order. I'm making order out of a disorder."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite