will.i.am says he has ADHD
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother' Hands CBS a WinMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:01:00 AM
- 'Get on Up' Review: Chadwick Boseman Brings the Funk in This Surprisingly Daring JMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM
- USA Orders 'Colony' Pilot From Carlton CuseMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:54:00 AM
- BuzzFeed Editor Ben Smith Details All 41 Instances of Political Reporter's PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Hilary Duff Returns to Music With 'Chasing the Sun' (Audio)
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The hip-hop star has opened up about his condition for the first time, revealing he faces a constant battle with concentration issues and struggles to compete simple everyday tasks. However, the rapper finds working in music helps him deal with the disorder.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
He tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "I have ADHD. I'll admit it ... I've got all this stuff in my head at the same time as I'm doing stuff and I don't know how to stop or slow down. But it's all good because I know how to control it. For every obstacle there's some type of solution. So if you have ADHD it's your passion point. One thing I learned about ADHD is that it's hard to keep your attention and you can't sit still and you're always moving and thinking about a whole bunch of things."
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Adds the music star: "But those traits work well for me in studios and in meetings about creative ideas ... If I was stuck at a different job I'd be horrible and wouldn't survive. Music is my therapy ... Music keeps me sane and keeps my mind on something. It's fragile up there. My mind would wander, and if it wanders then that's not good because I could scare myself thinking of weirdo stuff. Music brings control to my thoughts. It's not escape -- it's just order. I'm making order out of a disorder."
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite