will.i.am says he has ADHD
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The hip-hop star has opened up about his condition for the first time, revealing he faces a constant battle with concentration issues and struggles to compete simple everyday tasks. However, the rapper finds working in music helps him deal with the disorder.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
He tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "I have ADHD. I'll admit it ... I've got all this stuff in my head at the same time as I'm doing stuff and I don't know how to stop or slow down. But it's all good because I know how to control it. For every obstacle there's some type of solution. So if you have ADHD it's your passion point. One thing I learned about ADHD is that it's hard to keep your attention and you can't sit still and you're always moving and thinking about a whole bunch of things."
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Adds the music star: "But those traits work well for me in studios and in meetings about creative ideas ... If I was stuck at a different job I'd be horrible and wouldn't survive. Music is my therapy ... Music keeps me sane and keeps my mind on something. It's fragile up there. My mind would wander, and if it wanders then that's not good because I could scare myself thinking of weirdo stuff. Music brings control to my thoughts. It's not escape -- it's just order. I'm making order out of a disorder."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite