will.i.am says he has ADHD
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The hip-hop star has opened up about his condition for the first time, revealing he faces a constant battle with concentration issues and struggles to compete simple everyday tasks. However, the rapper finds working in music helps him deal with the disorder.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
He tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "I have ADHD. I'll admit it ... I've got all this stuff in my head at the same time as I'm doing stuff and I don't know how to stop or slow down. But it's all good because I know how to control it. For every obstacle there's some type of solution. So if you have ADHD it's your passion point. One thing I learned about ADHD is that it's hard to keep your attention and you can't sit still and you're always moving and thinking about a whole bunch of things."
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Adds the music star: "But those traits work well for me in studios and in meetings about creative ideas ... If I was stuck at a different job I'd be horrible and wouldn't survive. Music is my therapy ... Music keeps me sane and keeps my mind on something. It's fragile up there. My mind would wander, and if it wanders then that's not good because I could scare myself thinking of weirdo stuff. Music brings control to my thoughts. It's not escape -- it's just order. I'm making order out of a disorder."
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite