will.i.am says he has ADHD
- Photo: RKAA/ZDS/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab-SaleemElatab/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:18:52 PM
- Daytime Talkshow 'The Real' to Air in More Than 70 Percent of the CountryMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 5:00:47 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Will Google and Microsoft Put Their Money Where Their Mouth Is? (Video)
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
The hip-hop star has opened up about his condition for the first time, revealing he faces a constant battle with concentration issues and struggles to compete simple everyday tasks. However, the rapper finds working in music helps him deal with the disorder.
RELATED: Best off-season bikini bods
He tells Britain's Sunday Mirror, "I have ADHD. I'll admit it ... I've got all this stuff in my head at the same time as I'm doing stuff and I don't know how to stop or slow down. But it's all good because I know how to control it. For every obstacle there's some type of solution. So if you have ADHD it's your passion point. One thing I learned about ADHD is that it's hard to keep your attention and you can't sit still and you're always moving and thinking about a whole bunch of things."
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Adds the music star: "But those traits work well for me in studios and in meetings about creative ideas ... If I was stuck at a different job I'd be horrible and wouldn't survive. Music is my therapy ... Music keeps me sane and keeps my mind on something. It's fragile up there. My mind would wander, and if it wanders then that's not good because I could scare myself thinking of weirdo stuff. Music brings control to my thoughts. It's not escape -- it's just order. I'm making order out of a disorder."
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT2013 Weddings
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite