Amy Winehouse's dad explains anger over Gaultier's runway show
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.1 of 13
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional4 of 13
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin5 of 13
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 13
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 13
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Amy Winehouse's father has explained his displeasure over Jean Paul Gaultier's decision to take the star's iconic image as inspiration for his latest catwalk show, accusing the couturier of using the tragic singer to boost his profits.
The flamboyant French designer paid tribute to the late "Back to Black" hitmaker during his show at Paris Fashion Week on Wednesday by sending his models down the runway sporting the Winehouse's iconic beehive hairstyle and heavy eyeliner. Several girls were also smoking cigarettes as they strutted down the catwalk.
Mitch took to Twitter on Thursday to dismiss the stunt as "bad taste," and insisted that he did not support Gaultier's show.
He has taken aim at the designer again, describing how his mourning family was left in shock after seeing his daughter's image used for profit so close to the six-month anniversary of her death.
RELATED: Year in Review: In Memoriam 2011
He tells Britain's The Sun, "The family was upset to see those pictures. They were a total shock. We're still grieving for her loss, and we've had a difficult week with the six-month anniversary of Amy's death. To see her image lifted wholesale to sell clothes was a wrench we were not expecting or consulted on.
"We're proud of her influence on fashion but find black veils on models, smoking cigarettes with a barbershop quartet singing her music in bad taste. It portrays a view of Amy when she was not at her best, and glamorizes some of the more upsetting times in her life. That's upsetting for her family.
"No one asked us for permission or offered to make a donation to the foundation. This is purely about Gaultier making money, and that's wrong."
Winehouse died last July at the age of 27 after drinking too much alcohol.
RELATED: 911: Exhausted Celebrities
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite