Winehouse's dad says he thinks seizure killed her
- Photo: Matt Dunham/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN4 of 14
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 14
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 14
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 14
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 14
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
NEW YORK (AP) -- Amy Winehouse's father says he thinks she died after suffering a seizure related to alcohol detoxification and "there was nobody there to rescue her."
The soul diva was found dead in her London home July 23. She had fought drug and alcohol problems for years.
Toxicology reports say there was alcohol in her bloodstream, but it was unclear whether this contributed to her death.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The singer was 27 years old.
Mitch Winehouse said Friday in a taping of Anderson Cooper's new syndicated talk show that his daughter had been off drugs for two-and-a-half years and was fighting alcohol problems, with occasional seizures.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Amy Winehouse
He says her blood also contained traces of the prescription drug Librium, used to fight anxiety and withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite