Winehouse's family to sell singer's London home
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional1 of 11
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 11
- Photo: GS1/ZOB/Gabor Scott/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
LONDON (AP) -- The family of Amy Winehouse has put the late singer's London home up for sale for 2.7 million pounds ($4.2 million).
The three-bedroom property in the Camden neighborhood of northwest London had become a shrine of sorts for mourning fans who left flowers and tributes following Winehouse's death last July from alcohol poisoning.
Chris Goodman, a spokesman for the Winehouse family, said Thursday that the singer had loved the house and her family put it on the market because they felt it would be inappropriate for any of them to live there.
"It was not practical to keep it empty while paying the costs of its upkeep," he said in a statement, adding that the family had reached the decision with "great regret."
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The 2,500 square-foot home features three bedrooms — including an "impressive master suite with vaulted ceiling" — three living rooms and private front and rear gardens overlooking the tony Camden Square, according to online listing agent Housenetwork.co.uk.
Graham Lock, spokesman for Housenetwork.co.uk, confirmed that the listing has generated "a lot of interest" but would not go into detail about how many inquiries had come in because that the Winehouse family had asked for discretion.
RELATED: 911: Exhausted Celebrities
"There's a lot of fans getting in touch about it so we're trying to weed out the genuine interest from people who are just being nosy," he told the Associated Press.
Winehouse shot to fame with her 2006 album "Back to Black," but she struggled for years with drug and alcohol abuse.
The 27-year-old soul diva was found dead in bed on July 23 at her London home, and an inquest found she died of accidental alcohol poisoning.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT8 Ice Buckets
From Crowd Ignite