Wynonna Judd on Ashley Judd's possible Senate bid: 'Of course I'd vote for her'
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage3 of 8
- Photo: CS5/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: JM5/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: Anne Goetze/USMagazine7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries Gets Greenlight From NBCMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:52:26 AM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- 'Rosemary's Baby' Miniseries Gets Greenlight From NBC
If Ashley Judd decides to hang up her Hollywood hat and dive into the realm of politics, she already has one huge fan in her corner: Her older sister, Wynonna Judd.
The country singer, who made her ballroom debut on "Dancing With the Stars" on Monday, told Us that though she and the "Olympus Has Fallen" actress don't always see eye-to-eye, she's already ready to cast her vote should Ashley decide to run for Senate in 2014.
"Of course I'd vote for her!" she said. "I don't agree with anything she says half the time. We're so different. But I love my sister. I am for Ashley."
In fact, when Ashley announced her decision to part ways with husband Dario Franchitti, 39, earlier this year, Wynonna was "one of the first people that she told."
"There were times when I was at such a valley, darkening of the soul, and she and Dario were there for me. and I'm there for Dario and Ashley," the 48-year-old singer told Us. "And they're both still as close and dear to me. And they both know it."
Ashley, 44, and Indy 500 champion Franchitti announced their decision to split after 10 years of marriage in a joint statement this past January.
"We'll always be family and continue to cherish our relationship based on the special love, integrity and respect we have always enjoyed," the couple told Us in a statement.
Wynonna, who got married to husband Cactus Moser just last year, added that it isn't her place to judge her younger sister -- rather, she wants to act as a support.
"There are people that are going to be so surprised like, 'Well if you guys love each other so much, why are you getting a divorce?'" she said of Ashley's amicable divorce. "It's nobody's business! And I say knowing them, it's their story and they are living it so am I supportive? If they ask me opinion, I'll tell them what I think. Otherwise, I support them. Period. Individually. Collectively."
And the singer explained that her fierce loyalty is returned in kind. When Moser, 55, lost his leg in a devastating motorcycle accident last summer, Ashley was on hand to help out and lift both their spirits.
"Here's this Harvard graduate, you know, smarty-pants who's gonna change the world," Wynonna told Us of her sister. "She comes over to read to Cactus story after story, like she's in the eighth grade! It was the sweetest thing because I hadn't seen that side of Ashley in some time."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
George's Big Day
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Rocknroll
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite