Wynonna Judd Sues Ex-Stepfather Over Mortgage
- Photo: JM5/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: CS5/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Anne Goetze/USMagazine6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: SCOTT APPEL/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com10 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy Pens Op-Ed, Regrets Hillary Clinton Lesbian CommentMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 6:55:00 PM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce Campbell
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Country singer Wynonna Judd has sued her former stepfather over an unpaid mortgage dating to 1994, but his lawyer says the money was a gift, not a loan.
The Courier-Journal reports that Judd filed suit this week in Jefferson County Circuit Court in Louisville against Michael Ciminella. He's the ex-husband of Judd's mother, Naomi Judd, and father of actress Ashley Judd.
Wynonna Judd's lawsuit contends that Ciminella defaulted on a mortgage in the Old Louisville neighborhood where he lives. Records show that Judd's representatives wrote to Ciminella in September demanding principal and interest of $242,051.
Ciminella's lawyer, Jeffrey Thompson, said the money was not a loan but a gift and that Judd had never asked that it be repaid until now. He declined to discuss further details.
RELATED: Hairdos & Don'ts: Redhead Edition
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite