Yoko Ono sued over clothing line
- Photo: Adrianna M Baraza/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Gijsbert Hanekroot/Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement SpeechMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:24:00 AM
- Vice President Joe Biden Joins Instagram in the Most Boss Way PossibleMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:12:00 AM
- Tribeca at 13: Film Festival Is Growing Up, but Still Hard to Pin DownMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:07:00 AM
- V.C. Andrews' Vampire Novel 'Daughter of Darkness' Being Developed for TVMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 10:33:26 AM
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement Speech
John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, is facing a legal battle over allegations that she copied her wacky clothing line from another designer.
New York-based stylist Haleh Nematzadeh, 36, has filed suit, alleging that Ono stole ideas for her unconventional Fashion for Men range from a fetish-inspired line by her Smashing Starlets clothing company. Ono's line features clothing with handprints printed over the crotch and nipple holes, and Nematzadeh claims the musician saw sketches for her women's line before tweaking the designs and passing them off as her own.
Nematzadeh, who filed the lawsuit at Brooklyn Federal Court on Friday, also casts doubt on Ono's claim that her racy line was inspired by her late husband.
According to the New York Post, Nematzadeh says, "They took everything with no shame. They stole from me blatantly. ... She's trying to put fetish in context, but since when does fetish and John Lennon go together? When you think of the Beatles, you think of doves and trees, not that."
Ono's line is sold through online retailer Opening Ceremony.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite