Yoko Ono sued over clothing line
- Photo: Adrianna M Baraza/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Gijsbert Hanekroot/Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, is facing a legal battle over allegations that she copied her wacky clothing line from another designer.
New York-based stylist Haleh Nematzadeh, 36, has filed suit, alleging that Ono stole ideas for her unconventional Fashion for Men range from a fetish-inspired line by her Smashing Starlets clothing company. Ono's line features clothing with handprints printed over the crotch and nipple holes, and Nematzadeh claims the musician saw sketches for her women's line before tweaking the designs and passing them off as her own.
Nematzadeh, who filed the lawsuit at Brooklyn Federal Court on Friday, also casts doubt on Ono's claim that her racy line was inspired by her late husband.
According to the New York Post, Nematzadeh says, "They took everything with no shame. They stole from me blatantly. ... She's trying to put fetish in context, but since when does fetish and John Lennon go together? When you think of the Beatles, you think of doves and trees, not that."
Ono's line is sold through online retailer Opening Ceremony.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite