Jessica Alba: 'I’m shy. I don’t like being the center of attention'Related: Celeb Gloss, Jessica Alba
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle1 of 5
By Molly McGonigle
Jessica Alba has come along way from her skimpy bikini movie days. Now a mother and wife, Alba is ready to trade in her beach and action-obsessed characters for more substantial and funny roles, like this season's "Little Fockers." Alba talks to Elle about working with Robert De Niro, overcoming her shyness and who she looks up to in the comedy world.
On her acting hiatus when she got pregnant:
"I had been working straight since the age of 12. And it was just so clear that there was something more important out there."
On being a leading lady:
"Now I prefer I'm not the lead. It's a totally different approach—way better.”
RELATED: Alba Cover Story
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite