12-year-old boy charged in Ashton Kutcher hoax
- Photo: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images North America1 of 12
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 12
- Photo: RAAK/GSI3 of 12
- Photo: Dean, MRM/NPG4 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 12
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin6 of 12
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin7 of 12
- Photo: CARE/GSI8 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 12
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG10 of 12
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Darth Vader Polling Higher Than Every Single Likely 2016 Presidential CandidateMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:28:00 PM
- Sneaky 'Better Call Saul' Teaser Billboard Pops Up in Albuquerque (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:11:00 PM
- Chernin Group, AT&T to Buy Controlling Stake in FullscreenMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:09:00 PM
- 'Justified' EP Taylor Elmore Signs Overall Deal With CBS Television StudiosMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 12:00:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Michelle Fairley to Rise Again on ABC's 'ResurMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Darth Vader Polling Higher Than Every Single Likely 2016 Presidential Candidate
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A 12-year-old boy has been charged with making prank calls that sent police to the home of Ashton Kutcher and to a Los Angeles bank.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Prosecutors allege that the boy called 911 in October and said armed men were inside Kutcher's Los Angeles home. A week later, a call reporting an emergency at a bank on Wilshire Boulevard also proved to be a hoax.
The district attorney's office said Thursday that the boy has been charged with two felony counts of making fake bomb threats and computer intrusion. He is set to be arraigned Friday in juvenile court.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
Authorities didn't release the boy's name because of his age.
The practice of making such hoax calls has become known as "swatting." The hoaxes often target the homes of celebrities.
RELATED: Celeb flashers
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis to Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler, see more celebs who love beach PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite