Chaz Bono asks judge to change name, gender
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Louise Barnsley/Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News2 of 6
- Photo: Paul Smith / Featureflash/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Camerique/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
LOS ANGELES -- Chaz Bono is asking a judge to formally change his name and gender.
The 41-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star, was born a girl to Sonny Bono and Cher. He filed a petition to change his name and gender last week.
Bono's doctor filed a declaration with the court indicating he performed a gender-change operation last year.
Formerly called Chastity, Bono has called the gender change "the best decision I've ever made."
RELATED: Androgyny: fashionable these days?
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
A hearing on the petition is scheduled for May 6 in Santa Monica, California.
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite