- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com1 of 10
- Photo: HTA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: JC1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Matt Symons/Pacific Coast News5 of 10
- Photo: CBS/MSN/Promotional6 of 10
- Photo: Reggie Tolby/LondonEnt/Splash News7 of 10
- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News8 of 10
- Photo: KH1/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
By Melissa Hunter
Jennifer Love Hewitt has gone through many a career transformation. From teenage sexpot to one-time singer to star of a CBS show, to, well that's it. But now, she's got a couple of new titles to add to the CV: Love guru and author-like person. Being in a totally non-publicity-shammy relationship with Jamie Kennedy, Ms. JLH has decided she wants to share her sage love advice with the world in her new book "The Day I Shot Cupid."
To be fair, there are even less literate celebrities who have
hired people to write written books, but something about this one in particular strikes a bulls--- chord more than others.
The description on Barnes and Noble says, "Jennifer Love Hewitt is a self-proclaimed 'love-aholic' and hopeless romantic (her middle name is Love, after all!). She has been lucky and unlucky in love, and lived to tell -- and she's done it all in the spotlight... Hewitt offers her hard-won wisdom and tells us how to embrace love with both feet on the ground. First, we have to shoot Cupid. We have to believe that happily-ever-after is hard work -- it's not all flowers and symphonies and floating hearts."
OMG, you guys! Love is her middle name! This was, like, meant to be. And she's a love-aholic, which is so completely a real thing. Not to mention she's starred in, like, 10 romantic comedies, at least two of which haven't gone straight-to-DVD.
And I have a sneaking suspicion that at least three chapters are dedicated to vagazzling.
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not terribly interested in taking love advice from someone who has dated Carson Daly, John Mayer, and Enrique Iglesias in one decade. And not to be judgey (OK, maybe too late for that), but the girl isn't engaged or married. Would you take child-rearing tips from someone who really, really one day thinks it would be super-awesome to be a parent?
Now if the book was called "How to Pout on Camera While Not-So-Subtley Showing Off Your Cleavage," then I might buy it.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite