Katie Couric celebrates bachelorette party in NYC before John Molner wedding
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/Joel Ginsberg/Wonderwall2 of 7
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/Joel Ginsburg/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: NY1/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: North Woods/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Ronald Segers Jr/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best T
Girls just want to have fun! Katie Couric was the guest of honor at a bachelorette party in New York City on June 18, a source reveals to Us Weekly. The veteran journalist, who is set to wed fiance John Molner this weekend, partied with 45 friends and began the celebration at around 6:30 p.m. at Le Midi near Union Square.
Couric, 57, enjoyed a large dinner with her fellow guests as they sampled a number of dishes and sipped on wine. The bride-to-be then got a special surprise when a gospel choir came into the room to sing. "Katie was in shock," the source tells Us of the entertainment, which was organized by her gal pals.
After the bite to eat, the group then moved downstairs to the Karaoke Cave around 10 p.m. to let loose! "They sang and enjoyed a beautiful cake that the friends had brought with them," the insider adds to Us. One of the highlights? Some friends changed the words to the Beatles' song "I Saw Her Standing There" and sang a special version about Katie.
"Katie sang 'Will You Love Me Tomorrow' and a few other tunes," according to the source. "The group mostly stuck to Motown."
Couric's special night was organized by friend Wendy Walker, who helped make it extra memorable with some personal details. The ladies satisfied their sweet tooth with candy M&Ms made specifically with the future spouses faces on them. Molner, for his part, celebrated his own bachelor party with a bar crawl in the Big Apple months earlier.
This will be the second marriage for the Yahoo News Global Anchor, who got engaged to Molner in September 2013 after nearly two years of dating. Her first husband, Jay Monahan, died of colon cancer in 1998; the couple had daughters Ellie, 22, and Carrie, 17.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite