Kim Kardashian blasts Katie Couric's gift to North West: 'I hate fake media friends'
- Photo: NPG1 of 11
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: GAJ/TMH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 11
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Clint Brewer / Splash News/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Kim Kardashian is not accepting Katie Couric's gift for baby North West. On Friday, Aug. 16, the 32-year-old new mom revealed her displeasure with the veteran journalist by sharing on Instagram the Barney's New York purchase and personal note the TV personality sent.
"#IHateFakeMediaFriends," the reality star wrote. She added, "#MayIHumblySuggestYouNotSendGiftsThenTalkS---."
The "Katie" host sent what looks to be pajamas for the little one, born in June. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian's outburst may have something to do with Couric's recent comments about the reality TV family. In mid-August, the host was quoted as saying she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In contrast, Couric, 56, interviewed Kardashian for Glamour in 2011 and was "pleasantly surprised" by the star. "A few years ago you might have heard Kim Kardashian's name and said, 'Who?' That was then. Now her name rolls off our tongue (she was 2010's most searched term on Bing, after all)," the veteran journalist wrote. "She's become a one-woman phenomenon and an industry. Everyone wants to keep up with this Kardashian."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite