Kim Kardashian blasts Katie Couric's gift to North West: 'I hate fake media friends'
- Photo: NPG1 of 11
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: GAJ/TMH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 11
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Clint Brewer / Splash News/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Katie Couric to Interview Michael Bloomberg for YahooMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:57:00 PM
- Lindsay Lohan Is a 'Prisoner' on OWN Series: 'It's My Last Shot&MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:24:00 PM
- Emerson College Opens L.A. Campus on Sunset Blvd. With Hollywood Gala (Photos)MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:11:00 PM
- 'True Detective' Season Finale: Darkness, Yeah-uhMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:02:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on Twitter
Kim Kardashian is not accepting Katie Couric's gift for baby North West. On Friday, Aug. 16, the 32-year-old new mom revealed her displeasure with the veteran journalist by sharing on Instagram the Barney's New York purchase and personal note the TV personality sent.
"#IHateFakeMediaFriends," the reality star wrote. She added, "#MayIHumblySuggestYouNotSendGiftsThenTalkS---."
The "Katie" host sent what looks to be pajamas for the little one, born in June. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian's outburst may have something to do with Couric's recent comments about the reality TV family. In mid-August, the host was quoted as saying she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In contrast, Couric, 56, interviewed Kardashian for Glamour in 2011 and was "pleasantly surprised" by the star. "A few years ago you might have heard Kim Kardashian's name and said, 'Who?' That was then. Now her name rolls off our tongue (she was 2010's most searched term on Bing, after all)," the veteran journalist wrote. "She's become a one-woman phenomenon and an industry. Everyone wants to keep up with this Kardashian."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite