Kim Kardashian blasts Katie Couric's gift to North West: 'I hate fake media friends'
- Photo: NPG1 of 11
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: Promotional3 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: GAJ/TMH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 11
- Photo: CHP/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet7 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Clint Brewer / Splash News/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Kim Kardashian is not accepting Katie Couric's gift for baby North West. On Friday, Aug. 16, the 32-year-old new mom revealed her displeasure with the veteran journalist by sharing on Instagram the Barney's New York purchase and personal note the TV personality sent.
"#IHateFakeMediaFriends," the reality star wrote. She added, "#MayIHumblySuggestYouNotSendGiftsThenTalkS---."
The "Katie" host sent what looks to be pajamas for the little one, born in June. "Dear Kim and Kanye, Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!" the card read. "And may I humbly suggest you continue the K tradition."
Kardashian's outburst may have something to do with Couric's recent comments about the reality TV family. In mid-August, the host was quoted as saying she didn't understand why the Kardashians were famous.
In contrast, Couric, 56, interviewed Kardashian for Glamour in 2011 and was "pleasantly surprised" by the star. "A few years ago you might have heard Kim Kardashian's name and said, 'Who?' That was then. Now her name rolls off our tongue (she was 2010's most searched term on Bing, after all)," the veteran journalist wrote. "She's become a one-woman phenomenon and an industry. Everyone wants to keep up with this Kardashian."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite