Abercrombie and Fitch Will Pay The Situation to Stop Wearing Its Clothes
- Photo: DJDM/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 16
- Photo: Mario & Luigi/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: MTV/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: MTV/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
GTL ... but no A and F!
Abercrombie and Fitch has a bad, bad Situation on its hands.
The clothing company (famous for its ads of nearly naked hunks) is worried that "Jersey Shore" star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino has been wearing its wares out and about. So worried, in fact, that they're willing to pay Sorrentino, 29 -- and his "Jersey Shore" castmates -- a "substantial" amount of cash to cease and desist rocking A and F gear in public.
"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image," the company said in a press release Tuesday (via CNN).
"We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," the statement continued.
"We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael 'The Situation' Sorrentino and the producers of MTV's 'The Jersey Shore' to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."
No word yet on The Situation's response -- or how "substantial" the company's offer is.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite