Abercrombie and Fitch Will Pay The Situation to Stop Wearing Its Clothes
- Photo: DJDM/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 16
- Photo: Mario & Luigi/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: MTV/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: MTV/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
GTL ... but no A and F!
Abercrombie and Fitch has a bad, bad Situation on its hands.
The clothing company (famous for its ads of nearly naked hunks) is worried that "Jersey Shore" star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino has been wearing its wares out and about. So worried, in fact, that they're willing to pay Sorrentino, 29 -- and his "Jersey Shore" castmates -- a "substantial" amount of cash to cease and desist rocking A and F gear in public.
"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image," the company said in a press release Tuesday (via CNN).
"We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," the statement continued.
"We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael 'The Situation' Sorrentino and the producers of MTV's 'The Jersey Shore' to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."
No word yet on The Situation's response -- or how "substantial" the company's offer is.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite