Ace Young Proposes to Diana DeGarmo on 'American Idol'
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX1 of 6
- Photo: FOX2 of 6
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX3 of 6
- Photo: FOX4 of 6
- Photo: FOX5 of 6
More Celeb News
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Robert Downey Jr. Is Forbes' Top-Earning Actor With $75 MillionMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 11:22:00 PM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing Grades
Neither Ace Young nor Diana DeGarmo won their respective seasons of "American Idol," but they pretty much stole the show on Wednesday's Season 11 finale. Before Phillip Phillips was announced as the winner (besting Jessica Sanchez), host Ryan Seacrest invited season five contestant Young, 31, and season three runner-up DeGarmo, 24, onstage.
Once the lights were dimmed, Young said, "This has always been home to us and I felt that this would be the perfect place to ask a simple question."
Getting down on one knee and presenting a ring, the crooner went on:
"We have conquered Broadway together. We have created our new music together. We have an amazing group of people around us. And with the help of David Webb jewelry I have a way to make this last forever. Are you ready?"
As DeGarmo looked tearful and flabbergasted, he gushed, "I love you to death. You're my best friend. I want to make this last forever and I will do anything in my power to have the most ... amazing life together if you will have me. Diana Nicole DeGarmo, will you marry me?"
DeGarmo said yes!
After crossing paths in a 2010 revival of "Hair" on Broadway, the twosome quickly bonded over their shared "Idol" experience, and a friendship turned to an enduring romance. DeGarmo is even signed to Young's Indie label, Young Brothers Entertainment, and they co-wrote a country ballad together.
"We were the first Idols to do a Broadway show together, the first Idols to live together--and the first to write a country song for a soap opera together!" DeGarmo told Yahoo TV earlier this year.
"I don't know about the wedding thing just yet, to be honest," DeGarmo said at the time. "But if we had a wedding, we would have one hell of a party!"
As for the ring? Young popped the question with a David Webb 18kt Yellow Gold, Platinum, and Diamond engagement ring featuring a light, fancy yellow center stone weighing approximately 1 carat and two side diamonds.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Ace Young Proposes to Diana DeGarmo on American Idol: See the Ring!
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Slim Down Secrets
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite