Actor Ed Asner, 83, hospitalized for exhaustion
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Don Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 5:49:00 AM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El Rey
GARY, Ind. (AP) -- Ed Asner's publicist says the 83-year-old actor, who has been touring the country performing a one-man show for more than three years, has been hospitalized with exhaustion.
Publicist Charles Sherman tells The Associated Press that Asner was taken off the stage at the Marquette Pavilion in Gary, Ind., on Tuesday night.
Sherman says Ed Asner was taken by ambulance to a Chicago-area hospital where he is "resting comfortably" and is expected to be released later Wednesday.
RELATED: Lady Gaga's custom wheelchair
Charles Sherman also says that Ed, best known for his roles in TV's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and its spin-off "Lou Grant," has been touring the nation portraying President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in "FDR" for three and a half years.
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite