Actor Ron Livingston 'Proud' of Sister Jennifer Livingston
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: EN2/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: HBO/Promotional6 of 11
- Photo: Shea Walsh/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Carmen Valdes/Retna Ltd.8 of 11
- Photo: DIMA GAVRYSH/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Inks Deal With HBOMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:59:02 PM
- Ian McKellen Spoofs All Over 'The Hobbit' in 'Sesame Street' SneMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:36:18 PM
- Fox News Reporter Will Not Have to Testify in Aurora Shooting CaseMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:30:55 PM
- Comedy Central Renews 'Tosh.0 for 3 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:25:59 PM
- Jennifer Lawrence, Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio Top IMDb's 2013 Most Popular Stars ListMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:25:26 PM
- 'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Inks Deal With HBO
Wisconsin TV journalist Jennifer Livingston drew national attention on Oct. 2 when she fought back against a WKBT News 8 viewer who criticized her weight, and now her brother, actor Ron Livingston, is leaping to the defense of his "role model" sibling.
"My sister Jennifer is an Emmy winning journalist and mother of three amazing girls," the "Sex and the City" actor said in a statement. "She brings an exceptional dedication to her job, her family, and her community, and has been a role model of mine for many, many years. I'm extremely proud of her."
Reading a letter she received from the disgruntled viewer -- now identified as Kenneth Krause -- on the air, Jennifer argued that Krause "[is] not a part of my family and ... [you] know nothing about me but what you see on the outside. And I am much more than a number on the scale."
After Jennifer admonished Krause for his bullying, the viewer followed up with a statement to WKBT. "Considering Jennifer Livingston's fortuitous position in the community, I hope she will finally take advantage of a rare and golden opportunity to influence the health and psychological well-being of [the community] by transforming herself for all of her viewers to see over the next year," his statement read in part. Krause, a fitness enthusiast, also offered Jennifer "any advice or support she would be willing to accept."
Jennifer's brother Ron -- who appeared as Sarah Jessica Parker's "SATC" love interest Berger in 2003 -- wasn't the only one to offer words of support to the anchor.
"What a powerful message against bullying," Ellen DeGeneres tweeted after Jennifer's story went viral. "@news8jennifer, I would love to meet you in person."
Jennifer Love Hewitt, who has also faced public scrutiny regarding her weight, called the journalist beautiful. "The anchor who fought back against comments made about her is my new hero!" Hewitt tweeted. "Way to go! She's a beautiful woman!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Gretchen Rossi chats about her new swimwear line, her engagement and the infamous BFF bracelet with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJust Like Mom
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite