Adam Lambert Celebrates with 'Glee' at GLAAD Awards
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Brandon Parry/LE/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
From breakout stars Adam Lambert and the cast of "Glee," to A-listers Drew Barrymore and Halle Berry, the stars were out Saturday night for the 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles.
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) honored the efforts made in film, television and journalism, calling out Barrymore and comedian Wanda Sykes by name. "The thing that means the most to me about an evening like this, and why I want to fight and be outspoken, is because there are so many people who are in desperate need of family. So whatever governments we have to overcome, whatever adversity people have to overcome to create these families and have the legal things be out of the way so that love can exist and people can take care of one another, that's the most important thing in the world. That we take care of each other," Barrymore said when accepting the Vanguard Award.
Sykes was awarded with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award that is given to an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender person who has made a difference in promoting equal rights for the LGBT community. The comedic actress said jokingly when accepting her award, "This means the world to me and I promise that I will continue to be a voice, and hopefully a positive image, but I've got to tell you -- you might have to put up with a stint in rehab, I'm sorry."
The show "Glee" was also recognized for Outstanding Comedy Series, while Tom Ford's film 'A Single Man' was honored for Outstanding Film. Former "American Idol" finalist Adam Lambert rounded out the evening with an racy performance on the GLAAD Awards Show stage.
Related stories: 'Glee''s Jane Lynch Engaged!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite