Alec Baldwin gives $2,500 to RI high school chess team
- Photo: JWNY/GSI1 of 11
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: IZ2/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Apple Plans to Buy Radio-Podcasting App Swell for $30 Million (Report)MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:42:00 AM
- Anthony Anderson Eats America for Food NetworkMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:49:00 AM
- The Twin Girls From 'The Shining' Went to the Stanley Kubrick Museum and Took AmazMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- Apple Plans to Buy Radio-Podcasting App Swell for $30 Million (Report)
The Associated Press
CENTRAL FALLS, R.I. (AP) -- Actor Alec Baldwin has donated $2,500 to help the chess team at Central Falls High School in Rhode Island defray the cost of traveling to a national tournament next month.
RELATED: Most expensive engagement rings
The city of Central Falls has made national news because of its financial problems. It emerged from bankruptcy last year. Baldwin also contributed $10,000 two years ago to the Central Falls library to help it reopen after it was forced to close because of financial problems.
WLNE-TV reports that the chess team needs $8,000 to fund the trip to the national chess tournament in Tennessee. The team has competed in the national tournament six times.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite