Alec Baldwin gives $2,500 to RI high school chess team
- Photo: JWNY/GSI1 of 11
- Photo: JM11/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: IZ2/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks9 of 11
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter10 of 11
More Celeb News
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:36:00 PM
- 'The Chair' Producer Zachary Quinto Talks 'Skepticism' About UnsMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:19:00 PM
- LeBron James' Absence Demands Explanation During Starz's 'Survivor&apMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Megan Ellison Nearing Deal to Co-Finance Leonardo DiCaprio Thriller 'The Revenant'MSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Yahoo Acquires Mobile Streaming Start-up RayVMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 3:48:00 PM
- AMC Orders Martial Arts Drama 'Badlands' Straight to Series
The Associated Press
CENTRAL FALLS, R.I. (AP) -- Actor Alec Baldwin has donated $2,500 to help the chess team at Central Falls High School in Rhode Island defray the cost of traveling to a national tournament next month.
RELATED: Most expensive engagement rings
The city of Central Falls has made national news because of its financial problems. It emerged from bankruptcy last year. Baldwin also contributed $10,000 two years ago to the Central Falls library to help it reopen after it was forced to close because of financial problems.
WLNE-TV reports that the chess team needs $8,000 to fund the trip to the national chess tournament in Tennessee. The team has competed in the national tournament six times.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
January Jones, Paris Hilton, and Toni Collette all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBoob Job?
From Crowd Ignite