Alec Baldwin: 'Marriage will take priority over work'
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG4 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG5 of 16
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Aurore Marechal/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- President Obama Selfie Photographer Sets the Record Straight: 'Photos Can Lie'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:10:47 AM
- Weinsteins Sue Warners, New Line Over 'Hobbit' Sequel ProfitsMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 10:05:45 AM
- Nominees at 20th annual Screen Actors Guild AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:51:07 AM
- 4 new Matildas set to take the Broadway stageMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:45:20 AM
- Second City comedy camp coming to NewarkMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:44:41 AM
- President Obama Selfie Photographer Sets the Record Straight: 'Photos Can Lie'
Actor Alec Baldwin is determined to make his second marriage work by putting his relationship before his work and keeping it as "normal" as possible.
The "30 Rock" star is convinced his first marriage, to actress Kim Basinger, was put under immense strain because of their busy work schedules, and he wants his second union to be "different."
Baldwin married yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas in June and he has vowed to make her his first priority.
He tells Total Film magazine, "I want it to be different. When I was younger, I was married to a woman who was very successful."
"When you're both in the business, you both know that you're going to light one film off the other. It's like chain smoking. You just have to do one after the other. You sense that this isn't right, you have this daunting, overwhelming, overarching priority that takes you away for long periods at a time."
"Now I'm with someone who's not in the business and I would like to have a different life this time, have it be more normal."
He adds of his marriage to Basinger, which ended in 2002, "If you took a stopwatch and a calendar and you mapped out how much time you really got to spend that was private and real, it's startlingly little ... You put a lot of energy into ... your work."
"You do the best you can at the time, but a marriage has to be a priority."
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite