Alec Baldwin was 'alarmed' by alleged stalker's behavior
- Photo: JWNY/GSI1 of 12
- Photo: GSI2 of 12
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: @shemarfmoore/Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: INI/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com/.10 of 12
- Photo: AJ Mast/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
Alec Baldwin turned to police for help after becoming "alarmed" by the actions of an alleged stalker, who was arrested twice last year, a court has heard.
RELATED: Epic celebrity rants
Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin, 40, is facing trial in New York next week, amid accusations she bombarded the former "30 Rock" star with emails, and made unwelcome visits to his Manhattan home after they enjoyed dinner together in 2010.
Baldwin insisted his initial meetings with Sabourin were purely business, but the actress, who violated a restraining order against her last autumn, claims otherwise.
Pre-trial hearings began in Manhattan Criminal Court this week, and on Thursday, officials heard testimony from Detective Francis Brennan, who revealed Baldwin was even forced to get rid of his old cell phone in an effort to stop Sabourin from contacting him.
RELATED: Hairy hunks
Brennan said, "(Baldwin had) been alarmed since she's been showing up at functions unannounced and he was in fear for his safety. ... He said he received hundreds of text messages on his phone and he was receiving emails from her basically telling him to leave his wife and to live with her. He got rid of his phone -- the phone she kept calling."
Sabourin, who has protested her innocence, rejected a plea deal which would have kept her out of jail in April, and she now faces up to 90 days behind bars if convicted.
Baldwin and his wife, new mother Hilaria, are both expected to testify at the trial next week.
RELATED: Stars who've been kicked off planes
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite