Alec Baldwin was 'alarmed' by alleged stalker's behavior
- Photo: JWNY/GSI1 of 12
- Photo: GSI2 of 12
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Rex USA4 of 12
- Photo: @shemarfmoore/Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: INI/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Wonderwall7 of 12
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com/.10 of 12
- Photo: AJ Mast/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Alec Baldwin turned to police for help after becoming "alarmed" by the actions of an alleged stalker, who was arrested twice last year, a court has heard.
RELATED: Epic celebrity rants
Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin, 40, is facing trial in New York next week, amid accusations she bombarded the former "30 Rock" star with emails, and made unwelcome visits to his Manhattan home after they enjoyed dinner together in 2010.
Baldwin insisted his initial meetings with Sabourin were purely business, but the actress, who violated a restraining order against her last autumn, claims otherwise.
Pre-trial hearings began in Manhattan Criminal Court this week, and on Thursday, officials heard testimony from Detective Francis Brennan, who revealed Baldwin was even forced to get rid of his old cell phone in an effort to stop Sabourin from contacting him.
RELATED: Hairy hunks
Brennan said, "(Baldwin had) been alarmed since she's been showing up at functions unannounced and he was in fear for his safety. ... He said he received hundreds of text messages on his phone and he was receiving emails from her basically telling him to leave his wife and to live with her. He got rid of his phone -- the phone she kept calling."
Sabourin, who has protested her innocence, rejected a plea deal which would have kept her out of jail in April, and she now faces up to 90 days behind bars if convicted.
Baldwin and his wife, new mother Hilaria, are both expected to testify at the trial next week.
RELATED: Stars who've been kicked off planes
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite