Alec Baldwin's daughter on voicemail scandal: 'My dad has moved on'
- Photo: IZ2/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 7
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet3 of 7
- Photo: IZ2/Izzy/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 7
- Photo: Zeus/Fame Flynet5 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Alec Baldwin's teenage daughter, Ireland, has defended her decision to follow her parents into the spotlight, insisting she doesn't want to be remembered for her father's infamous voicemail scandal.
Ireland Baldwin, whose mother is actress Kim Basinger, was just 11 years old when she was caught up in a headline-grabbing incident in 2007, when her famous father branded her a "rude, thoughtless little pig" in a leaked voicemail message.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The actor subsequently admitted he contemplated suicide after the scandal, and now Ireland, 17, has spoken out to declare she wants her newly launched modeling career to mark a fresh start.
In an open letter posted on her blog, she writes, "I get hateful replies and threats regarding mistakes of my Dad's past. This isn't fair. I had nothing to do with anything that happened back then, so I don't fully understand why I am being targeted. More importantly, my Dad has moved on. He recognized that he needed to change, so he made changes. He is now healthy, happily married with a baby on the way. He moved on, so why can't you?"
RELATED: Best star comebacks
"I am not seeking fame by association ... I am proud to be my parent's daughter, but I don't want to forever be known as 'that rude thoughtless little pig' or 'Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger's kid.' I have passions and interests of my own that I want to soon give life to."
Ireland also reveals she has received a barrage of criticism since stepping into the spotlight, and urges her detractors not to be so nasty.
She adds, "I get those comments about how I am too fat to model, how I am not model material, how I am an unattractive girl ... I don't look as glamorous as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley... What is the good in commenting on a photo of a 17-year-old girl and calling her fat, ugly, etc? ... Putting that out there is hateful and unhealthy. If you don't have a complimentary thing to say about someone, keep it to yourself."
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite