Alec Baldwin's daughter on voicemail scandal: 'My dad has moved on'
- Photo: IZ2/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 7
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet3 of 7
- Photo: IZ2/Izzy/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 7
- Photo: Zeus/Fame Flynet5 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Universal's Kevin Grayson to Head Film Distribution at Robert Simonds' New CompanyMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:30:00 AM
- Gary Oldman Will Produce 'Deep Web' Series for Spike TVMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:17:00 AM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's Museum
Alec Baldwin's teenage daughter, Ireland, has defended her decision to follow her parents into the spotlight, insisting she doesn't want to be remembered for her father's infamous voicemail scandal.
Ireland Baldwin, whose mother is actress Kim Basinger, was just 11 years old when she was caught up in a headline-grabbing incident in 2007, when her famous father branded her a "rude, thoughtless little pig" in a leaked voicemail message.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The actor subsequently admitted he contemplated suicide after the scandal, and now Ireland, 17, has spoken out to declare she wants her newly launched modeling career to mark a fresh start.
In an open letter posted on her blog, she writes, "I get hateful replies and threats regarding mistakes of my Dad's past. This isn't fair. I had nothing to do with anything that happened back then, so I don't fully understand why I am being targeted. More importantly, my Dad has moved on. He recognized that he needed to change, so he made changes. He is now healthy, happily married with a baby on the way. He moved on, so why can't you?"
RELATED: Best star comebacks
"I am not seeking fame by association ... I am proud to be my parent's daughter, but I don't want to forever be known as 'that rude thoughtless little pig' or 'Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger's kid.' I have passions and interests of my own that I want to soon give life to."
Ireland also reveals she has received a barrage of criticism since stepping into the spotlight, and urges her detractors not to be so nasty.
She adds, "I get those comments about how I am too fat to model, how I am not model material, how I am an unattractive girl ... I don't look as glamorous as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley... What is the good in commenting on a photo of a 17-year-old girl and calling her fat, ugly, etc? ... Putting that out there is hateful and unhealthy. If you don't have a complimentary thing to say about someone, keep it to yourself."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTToronto Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite