Alec Baldwin's daughter on voicemail scandal: 'My dad has moved on'
- Photo: IZ2/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 7
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet3 of 7
- Photo: IZ2/Izzy/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 7
- Photo: Zeus/Fame Flynet5 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Alec Baldwin's teenage daughter, Ireland, has defended her decision to follow her parents into the spotlight, insisting she doesn't want to be remembered for her father's infamous voicemail scandal.
Ireland Baldwin, whose mother is actress Kim Basinger, was just 11 years old when she was caught up in a headline-grabbing incident in 2007, when her famous father branded her a "rude, thoughtless little pig" in a leaked voicemail message.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The actor subsequently admitted he contemplated suicide after the scandal, and now Ireland, 17, has spoken out to declare she wants her newly launched modeling career to mark a fresh start.
In an open letter posted on her blog, she writes, "I get hateful replies and threats regarding mistakes of my Dad's past. This isn't fair. I had nothing to do with anything that happened back then, so I don't fully understand why I am being targeted. More importantly, my Dad has moved on. He recognized that he needed to change, so he made changes. He is now healthy, happily married with a baby on the way. He moved on, so why can't you?"
RELATED: Best star comebacks
"I am not seeking fame by association ... I am proud to be my parent's daughter, but I don't want to forever be known as 'that rude thoughtless little pig' or 'Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger's kid.' I have passions and interests of my own that I want to soon give life to."
Ireland also reveals she has received a barrage of criticism since stepping into the spotlight, and urges her detractors not to be so nasty.
She adds, "I get those comments about how I am too fat to model, how I am not model material, how I am an unattractive girl ... I don't look as glamorous as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley... What is the good in commenting on a photo of a 17-year-old girl and calling her fat, ugly, etc? ... Putting that out there is hateful and unhealthy. If you don't have a complimentary thing to say about someone, keep it to yourself."
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTwitPics of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite