Alec Baldwin's daughter shrugged off angry voice mail
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG9 of 17
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Alec Baldwin's daughter, Ireland, failed to understand why an angry voice mail message from her father became headline news in 2007, because she simply shrugged off the family dispute.
The 16-year-old, whose mother is Baldwin's ex-wife, Kim Basinger, has spoken for the first time about the infamous answering machine message, in which her dad called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig."
RELATED: Baby For Alec Baldwin?
The voicemail leaked on the Internet and made headlines across the world, with Baldwin subsequently admitting the scandal sent him into a deep depression which left him contemplating suicide.
However, Ireland is adamant the voicemail wasn't a "big deal" as she wasn't upset by her father's angry tone and the disagreement was settled in a quick phone call.
RELATED: Star Slipups: Forgiven & Forgotten?
She tells the New York Post's Page Six Magazine, "The only problem with that voice mail was that people made it out to be a way bigger deal than it was. He's said stuff like that before just because he's frustrated. For me it was like, 'OK, whatever.' I called him back, I was like, 'Sorry Dad, I didn't have my phone.' That was it."
RELATED: Bing: Famous Custody Battles
In the interview, Ireland also opens up about her relationship with her new stepmother, Hilaria Thomas, who married Baldwin over the summer, insisting they get along very well.
She adds, "Hilaria and I are really close. She's like a big sister to me, but I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her yet. We joke around, and I call her 'mom.' But I respect her, it's not like I'm 'Parent Trap'-ping her, setting up booby traps in her room."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite