Alec Baldwin's daughter shrugged off angry voice mail
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG9 of 17
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: B.D. Wong Will Return to Law & Order: SVUMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Takes His Stephen Colbert Bashing to 'The View'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 2:35:00 PM
- Nick Frost on Dancing, Tearing His Neck While Carrying Chris O'Dowd, and His 'No JMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 2:21:00 PM
- Fox News Launching Noon Panel Show 'Outnumbered'MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:50:00 PM
- Ratings: Fargo Gets Off to OK Start; S.H.I.E.L.D. UpMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 1:44:00 PM
- Exclusive: B.D. Wong Will Return to Law & Order: SVU
Alec Baldwin's daughter, Ireland, failed to understand why an angry voice mail message from her father became headline news in 2007, because she simply shrugged off the family dispute.
The 16-year-old, whose mother is Baldwin's ex-wife, Kim Basinger, has spoken for the first time about the infamous answering machine message, in which her dad called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig."
RELATED: Baby For Alec Baldwin?
The voicemail leaked on the Internet and made headlines across the world, with Baldwin subsequently admitting the scandal sent him into a deep depression which left him contemplating suicide.
However, Ireland is adamant the voicemail wasn't a "big deal" as she wasn't upset by her father's angry tone and the disagreement was settled in a quick phone call.
RELATED: Star Slipups: Forgiven & Forgotten?
She tells the New York Post's Page Six Magazine, "The only problem with that voice mail was that people made it out to be a way bigger deal than it was. He's said stuff like that before just because he's frustrated. For me it was like, 'OK, whatever.' I called him back, I was like, 'Sorry Dad, I didn't have my phone.' That was it."
RELATED: Bing: Famous Custody Battles
In the interview, Ireland also opens up about her relationship with her new stepmother, Hilaria Thomas, who married Baldwin over the summer, insisting they get along very well.
She adds, "Hilaria and I are really close. She's like a big sister to me, but I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her yet. We joke around, and I call her 'mom.' But I respect her, it's not like I'm 'Parent Trap'-ping her, setting up booby traps in her room."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite